Term & Policy
SAIKAI Wholesale Terms & Conditions
SAIKAI does not sell direct to the end consumer and is strictly wholesale to the trade (B to B only). Inquiries and orders must be accompanied by store name, address, business license, and resale certificate number if applicable. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Minimum Opening Order
Payment terms for first-time orders are by credit card only. Payment methods – Visa, Master Card, Discover Card, American Express. C.O.D.’s are not accepted.
El Segundo, CA
Orders under 150 lbs. will be shipped via FedEx. Shipments weighing over 150 lbs. will be shipped on a pallet using LTL trucking company. We can also ship via UPS or FedEx using customer’s account number. Please advise at the time order is placed. Please communicate if there is are other shipping preferences.
Additional charges may apply for special handling and packaging requests.
Canadian & International Shipments
Effective December 1, 2017, a handling fee shall apply in addition to the freight fees for all shipments to Canada and destinations outside the U.S.
A handling and processing charge of 2.5% of the invoice value shall apply for FedEx International shipments and a charge of 4 % of the invoice value will apply for shipments made with USPS (U.S. Postal Service) International Priority Mail.
Request for Open Terms
First time orders are by COD, Credit Card, or payment in advance.
Open terms will be considered for those customers who have been in business for 2 years and have placed a minimum of 5 orders. Net 30 Day terms may be offered upon the approval of submitted trade references. Please allow a minimum of 3 weeks for processing. Credit limit will be established based on the ratings of the trade references. We reserve the right to revoke open terms after multiple late payments.
Payments must be made on or before due date. Late payments are subjected to a 2% monthly finance charge. SAIKAI reserves the right to submit all unpaid invoices to a collection agency whereas the buyer is responsible for any collection cost or legal fees.
Note; Shipment will not be made to accounts that are 15 days past due or over their credit limit.
MAP policy applies to those items specified on paragraph 1 of page 3 of our catalog. For those items not controlled by MAP, customers are free to establish retail pricing based on reasonable industry standards. However, we usually recommend at least a 2.0 times mark-up from our wholesale price.
SAIKAI reserves the right to request that a customer cease the promotion or advertisement of a product(s) on the internet if the price is deemed less than the industry standard. SAIKAI will refuse to accept or ship any orders if the violation is not corrected in a timely manner.
The sale of SAIKAI exclusive products on AMAZON or similar sites such as Walmart.com, Jet.com, Overstock.com, Ebay.com, etc. is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to, HASAMI PORCELAIN (HP), S/N BRASS (SN), COMMON (C), ITO BINDERY (IB), SAITO WOOD (SW), Nagatani-En (NE), BUNBUKU (B), GRAF (G), MASUDA KIRIBAKOTEN (MK), and Ny Chair (NC). SAIKAI reserves the right to require all online sales come through independent e-commerce sites. SAIKAI will not partner with companies who currently sell or plan to sell on Amazon.com or similar sites as mentioned above. Intentional or repeated failures to abide by the policy will result in the immediate termination of the rights to resell SAIKAI products.
SAIKAI does not drop ship.
Backorders will be shipped without notice. If you do not want back orders, please notify us when order is placed. Special or Import Orders cannot be cancelled and subject to forfeiture of deposit if applicable.
All shipments must be inspected at the time of delivery for shortage and damages. We are not responsible for any delay or damages caused by a carrier. If there is concealed damage, please contact us within 5 business days after receipt of goods.
Merchandise cannot be returned without prior authorization. Returns or refunds will not be allowed after 7 business days from the receipt of goods.
There will be 20 % restocking fee assessed to any item returned. Customer will be responsible for the return freight fees.
Delivery times will vary depending on the item and production schedule of the factory. ETD’s will be advised at the time the order is placed.
Samples can be requested for photo-shoots, however, due to the high cost value of our products, we require that samples be purchased.
Quality Hi-res images are not available for all SAIKAI products. All images produced by SAIKAI and rights relating to them including copyright and ownership rights in the media in which the images are stored, remain the sole and exclusive property of SAIKAI. SAIKAI has the right to request removal of product images that do not meet their images standards. The personalization of SAIKAI products with a company logo, etc, for resale without prior expressed consent of the designer(s) is prohibited.
SAIKAI Pricing and Map
1. Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) shall apply specifically to the following SAIKAI exclusive brands: HASAMI PORCELAIN TM (HP), MASHIKO POTTERY (MS), SN BRASS TM (SN), COMMON TM (C), ITO BINDERY (IB), SAITO WOOD (SW), Nagatani-En (NE), BUNBUKU (B), GRAF (G), Ny Chair (NC), Oak Village (OV), soil (SL), Tosaryu (TS), and MUJUN (MJ) products as denoted in SAIKAI ’ s wholesale catalog.
2. MAP for the aforementioned products shall be advertised for sale for no less than double the wholesale cost of the product.
All advertisements and reselling of products on-line must be at or above the MAP Advertising products at a SALE price with a percentage discount is not allowed MAP applies to all forms of retail, including, but not limited to the following: Kiosk sales, pop-up shops, and storefront locations as well as internet based retailers.
3. MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of aforementioned SAIKAI exclusive products in any and all media, including, without limitation to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MAP is prohibited.
4. MAP is not applicable to in-store advertising that is displayed only inside the retailer’s establishment.
5. MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to actual prices at which the products are sold within a retailer’s location. Retailer prices should be based on reasonable current market value.
6. MAP does not establish a maximum advertised prices in a store or on-line. Resellers may offer SAIKAI exclusive brands at any price in excess of MAP.
7. SAIKAI exclusive brands may not be sold on Internet auction sites.
8. Any type of “package deal” with other products and services (including without limitation shipping and handling) at reduced prices in which the “package deal” is less than MAP is a violation of this policy.
9. SAIKAI reserves the right to update, revise, modify or suspend its MAP Policy and pricing structure at any time. Notifications will be made to resellers on the event of such changes to MAP product(s).
10. SAIKAI may conduct promotions for products covered by the MAP policy because certain products are being discontinued or for any other reasons at the sole discretion of SAIKAI.
Intentional or repeated failure to adhere to the MAP policy shall result in immediate termination of reseller rights to market and sell SAIKAI.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Dennis Sakoda at email@example.com